Building Permit Required Inspections
> Home > Government > Permits > Building
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED (but not limited to) DURING CONSTRUCTION:
- Building Pads
- Fill areas for buildings and structures shall be compacted as sub-grade in lifts with a maximum thickness of eight inches (8").
Footings/Setbacks and slabs.
Retaining walls and basement walls.
All under slab plumbing or electrical work.
All framing and bracing
- You must use anchor bolts to secure bottom plate of exterior walls
- Anchor bolts shall be placed no more than 12 inches from wall ends and corners, and no more than 6 feet apart.
- All sills or plates that rest on concrete must be treated lumber unless separated by an impervious moisture barrier.
- All exterior plates must be treated lumber.
All rough-in plumbing, electrical wiring, mechanical equipment, duct work, and gas piping. Gas piping will not be inspected until drawing is submitted (see example drawing).
- Water lines will require a pressure test of not less than working pressure of the system
- Gas piping will require a pressure test of 20 psi
Any underground piping or wiring.
Driveways and sidewalks before pouring concrete.
A final inspection will be done on all electric, plumbing, and mechanical installations.
No building or structure can be occupied until a letter of occupancy has been issued.