Solid Waste

Trash Carts

Solid Waste City Ordinance 

Read the City of Tahlequah's ordinance regarding Solid Waste Department establishment, and collection and disposal of solid waste. 

Setting Up Solid Waste Collection

To set up trash collection, call Tahlequah Public Works Authority at 918-456-2564.

Vacant Residence Exemption of Solid Waste Fees and Charges

According to Ordinance 1097 - 2006, upon proper application submitted to the City Clerk using a form authorized by the City, any owner of an unoccupied or vacant residential property that receives Solid Waste services by the City and who is assessed fees and charges at residential rates, shall be entitled to a temporary exemption from the payment of such fees and charges for a period not to exceed three months during any 12-month period that shall start at the first day of the first exemption requested and provided that no exemption shall be allowed for any residence if vacant for less than a 30-day period.  

Print the vacant residence exemption of Solid Waste fees and charges form (PDF).