In order to obtain a building permit you must have a plat and site plan created for your construction project. You may return to this website to re-initiate this process to obtain your building permit after the plat has been created.
- Obtain, complete, and submit a building permit application. There are 3 options for obtaining a form. You may print a form (PDF), submit an online application, or get a form from the Building Inspector's office at 111 S Cherokee Avenue.
- Submit 2 sets of building plans and a site plan to the Building Inspector for review.
- Contact the Tahlequah City Planner to be scheduled for the next available Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) meeting to review plat and site plans. You may contact the City Planner by email or call 918-456-0651, extension 2258
- The TAC will review all submitted material and submit a written recommendation to the Planning and Zoning Committee for any possible changes or to recommend acceptance.
- You will once again need to see the Tahlequah City Planner to be scheduled for the next available Planning and Zoning meeting to discuss preliminary plat approval.
- Upon approval, you will need to see the Tahlequah City Planner to be scheduled for the next available City Council meeting to obtain final plat approval.
- After approval from the City Council, the Building Inspector may issue a building permit.