Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
2. Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
3. Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape (PDF) from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
4. Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
5. Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
For more safety tips regarding fire preparedness visit the Tahlequah Fire Department Facebook page.